Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dreams for Me

During my last post I talked about dreams for the kiddo. Or the lack of dreams for Jackson. Saying that I do not have dreams for him should not suggest that I do not have dreams for myself. It has taken some time to figure out what I am dreaming.

I think besides the normal, happy family dream, the one thing I dream of most is owning my own craft store. I want a quaint little shop downtown, where people can come and socialize while working on their craft. I want to sell yarn and fabric. I want to have handmade wares using the materials that are for sale in the store.

I have the perfect picture in my head of how I want things to look. Being downtown, it will surely have an antique vibe running throughout the place. The antiques in the store would also be for sale. How cute would it be to have an old cradle with a quilt made, from the fabric being sold in the store, sitting by the fireplace? In the fireplace, there could be a little display of yarn. Next to the fireplace an old rocking chair with an afghan and pillow sitting on the cair, inviting you to sit and knit. In my head it all seems so quaint and charming.

In reality, I just want a store that I can sit in and create. A store where people can come and create. Share ideas. Socialize. Learn.

Oh! And let us not forget wine nights ... crafting is always better with wine!

1 comment:

Cimi said...

Can I work in your store?